Nestle invites applications from eligible candidates for the job position of Legal Counsel to work at its Vevey, Switzerland office.
Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company. It has more than 2000 brands ranging from global icons to local favourites, and we are present in 191 countries around the world.
About the Opportunity
As a Legal Counsel for Brand IP, Nestle he/she will provide proactive legal advice to the Nestlé Businesses in alignment with internal stakeholders in terms of protection, defence, and enforcement of trademarks, designs, copyrights, domain names, and related aspects.
It offers a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage trademark/design portfolios in coordination with the business including in their projects and in the development of IP Rights.
- Work with the Business to manage trademark/copyright aspects of advertising, promotion, and packaging materials.
- Manage trademark licenses with third parties.
- Advise the Business on IP issues in agency contracts and provide support in negotiations with agencies.
- A Law degree.
- Specialization in Intellectual Property (Doctoral or post-master degree).
- A minimum of 7 years experience- 4 of which should be within IP.
- Experience both in a law firm and/or multinational is required and proven experience in the food or pharma sector is an asset.
- Solid trademark and design experience, in particular in prosecution, licensing, and enforcement, including anti-counterfeiting. Proven exposure to IP litigation is required.
- Solid copyright experience- in particular with regard to managing digital assets.
- Experience in providing business and legal advice to communication and marketing teams.
- Team player, experience in managing people, strong organizational skills, proactive, business oriented, able to work autonomously.
- General knowledge of all legal aspects of the business, to be able to identify risks and engage with the lawyers have the required expertise.
- Excellent written and oral English is required. Other languages are an asset.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply for the post through the link provided at the end of this post.