Google, California, is hiring and inviting applications for a Legal Counsel Job for their Gradient Ventures wing.
About Google, California
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that focuses on search engine technology, online advertising, cloud computing, computer software, quantum computing, e-commerce, artificial intelligence, and consumer electronics
Gradient Ventures, Google
Gradient Ventures is Google’s AI-focused venture fund investing in promising, early-stage startups, providing AI innovators with funding, resources, and dedicated access to people and practices in AI. The fund focuses on helping founders navigate technical challenges in developing AI-based products.
About Legal Counsel Job Opportunity
As an Associate Investments Counsel, you will work independently but collaboratively on a collegial team within a fast-paced legal department. You will support a variety of early-stage investment transactions, advising clients and stakeholders and managing key aspects of due diligence, drafting, and execution.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support a variety of early-stage investments.
- Work with Gradient Venture’s investment team and cross-functional partners throughout the lifecycle of each agreement and in support of Gradient Ventures’ existing portfolio.
- Provide legal support for special projects involving fund formation, exit transactions (Mergers and Acquisitions and IPOs), shareholder and board matters, federal securities laws, and other regulatory compliance matters.
- Provide education and advice on corporate matters within the legal department and to the Gradient Ventures team, including in relation to corporate governance, fiduciary duties, and other matters arising in support of Gradient’s investment portfolio.
- Assist in developing legal strategy both on specific and across multiple transactions.
Eligibility for Legal Counsel Job
- JD, an equivalent degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in investment, Mergers, and Acquisitions, and other transactional attorney-level experience.
- Admitted to the bar in the state where the position is located and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g. have registered in-house status).
- 4 years of experience in a law firm and in-house legal department.
- Experience in early-stage investment performing due diligence, drafting and discussing transaction documents, coordinating cross-functional agreement teams, and advising business stakeholders and executive management.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.
By applying to this position, you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: New York, NY, USA; Palo Alto, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.