BBC [Global News], New York is hiring and inviting applications for Legal Counsel job.
About BBC [Global News]
The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) is the national broadcaster of the United Kingdom. Headquartered at Broadcasting House in London, it is the world’s oldest national broadcaster, and the largest broadcaster in the world by a number of employees, employing over 22,000 staff in total, of whom approximately 19,000 are in public-sector broadcasting.
About Legal Counsel Job Opportunity
BBC [Global News], New York is hiring and inviting applications for Legal Counsel job. The Legal Counsel will be a local point of contact in relation to the establishment and operation of a direct-to-consumer subscription service and advise and negotiate a wide range of associated third-party supplier agreements.
Role and Responsibilities
- Draft, and negotiate contracts,
- Advise on aspects of rights management to ensure necessary rights are acquired for advertising media sales, production, and other commercial content production and exploitation,
- Advise on, and draft and negotiate contracts relating to the establishment and operation of, the BBC’s proposed new direct-to-consumer online subscription service, including agreements with third parties for services related to user registration and identity management, CMS, subscription management, payment, and paywall solutions, user testing, data and analytics, and CRM,
- Communicate legal restrictions and requirements to all necessary departments across the organization and internally,
- Ensure all necessary sign-offs/approvals have been received in connection with deals being contracted out of the Americas.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior business or legal affairs transactional experience, ideally gained at a television or multi-media distribution company, network, and/or entertainment law firm.
- JD degree or equivalent and member of NY bar.
- Strong analytic, negotiation, and legal drafting skills.
- Familiarity with and understanding of industry standards digital media advertising sales agreements, including digital rights.
- Familiarity with the entertainment industry and entertainment transactions.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.