Caltrans, California, is hiring and inviting applications for a Legal Analyst job from professionals.
About Caltrans, California
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) manages more than 50,000 miles of California’s highway and freeway lanes, provides inter-city rail services, permits more than 400 public-use airports and special-use hospital heliports, and works with local agencies to keep California moving. More than the road workers, we are California’s transportation infrastructure; established in 1895, Caltrans has been active in moving the people and commerce of California and continues to model the way in innovative transportation systems.
About Legal Analyst Job Opportunity
The Los Angeles, & San Diego Legal Offices are seeking dynamic, self-motivated Legal Analysts and/or Sr. Legal Analysts. Legal Analyst performs a wide range of duties in connection with civil litigation and administrative hearings.
Role and Responsibilities
- Investigates and analyzes facts and documents in connection with civil litigation in tort, environmental, real property, contract construction, labor, and transportation areas of law
- Reads and understands statutes, court decisions, and legal documents
- Assists with the discovery process and organization; when delegated by the attorney, drafts interrogatories and responses to interrogatories
- Drafts interrogatories and responses to interrogatories, as well as requests and responses to document demands and the preparation of subpoenas
- Assists attorneys with voluminous document organization
- Assists attorneys with loading and running searches in software programs for electronically stored information such as Relativity
- Assists attorneys in trial preparation
- Experience: Two years of experience in the California state service performing the duties of a Legal Assistant. (Applicants who are within six months of satisfying the experience requirement for this class will be admitted to the examination, but they must fully meet the experience requirement before being eligible for appointment.) and
- Successful completion of six-semester units of paralegal or undergraduate legal courses, with at least three units of which must be in legal research or Twelve-semester units in a legal or paralegal curriculum or equivalent to graduation from college.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.
Los Angeles/San Diego
$4,819.00 – $6,032.00 per Month