The Commonwealth of Kentucky is inviting applications from enthusiastic and motivated candidates for the role of Law Clerk in Henderson, Kentucky, USA.
About the Role
They are hiring a Law Clerk to assist the criminal defence team in the Henderson Trial Office. Kentucky DPA looks for individuals who have demonstrated a desire to help the most vulnerable in their communities.
The ideal candidate recently completed all coursework at an American Bar Association accredited law school to receive a Juris Doctor degree and plans to take the next available bar exam or has recently received their license to practice law.
This individual exhibits exceptional planning and organizational skills, is self-directed and comfortable working with their defense team which includes attorneys, investigators, alternative sentencing workers and office administrative staff. They seek to hire persons who understand it is a privilege to represent clients and they do so on behalf of the people of Kentucky.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clerks assist attorneys representing defendants by providing support such as legal research and writing.
- Interviewing clients and other duties as required.
- Duties are performed primarily in both office and courtroom settings.
- Travel is required.
- Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree and a minor in paralegal studies or completion of a two-year program in paralegal studies or completion of twenty-four semester hours at an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Experience as a paralegal or legal secretary will substitute for the required two-year paralegal studies program on a year-for-year basis.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 12 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
July 22, 2023.
Henderson, Kentucky, USA.