DEKA Research & Development, housed in Manchester, has an exciting opportunity for an IP Law Intern to work in a dynamic R&D environment.
Located about an hour from Boston, DEKA is one of the leading research and development companies in the country and is the birthplace of some of the most innovative and life-changing products. Housed in the largest industrial complex of its time, the historic Amoskeag Millyard, DEKA employs a team almost a thousand strong, whose engineering, design, manufacturing and quality expertise make DEKA a hot spot for creating innovative solutions and advanced technologies.
About the Opportunity
DEKA Research & Development, housed in Manchester, has an exciting opportunity for an IP Law Intern to work in a dynamic R&D environment. DEKA offers Internships and Co-Ops for full time students (must be at least 18 years of age).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviewing and Organizing Electronic Patent Files
- Creating Structures to Correlate Patent Families
- Working with Database to Structure IDS Filings
- Preparing Documents for Filing at the USPTO
- Complete Electronic Filings at the USPT
- Track and Organize Incoming Correspondence from Foreign Associates
- Legal Secretarial and Administrative Tasks as Needed
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing Bachelors of Science in a technical field, a Juris Doctorate program, or equivalent.
- Personal or professional experience with structuring and organizing information.
- Computer skills with word processing and data entry preferred.
- Must be a good written and oral communicator.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, establishing project milestones and reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, proactive approach to problem solving, reliable and outcome driven.
Duration of the Internship
Internships last a minimum of 10 weeks [12 as preferred]. All summer internships must start no later than June 19, 2023.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Manchester, New Hampshire