About the Centre for Health Information and Analysis
The mission of the Center for Health Information and Analysis (CHIA) is to monitor the Massachusetts health care system and to provide reliable information and meaningful analysis for those seeking to improve health care quality, affordability, access, and outcomes. CHIA also acts as a principal repository for health care data collected by the state and is responsible for key data assets such as the Massachusetts All-Payer Claims Database and the Massachusetts Acute Hospital Case Mix Databases.
About the Opportunity
The Legal Internship will provide the opportunity to work and gain knowledge on a variety of tasks for a leading governmental health care agency. This is a temporary full-time position that will likely run from April through Labor Day, with a possible part-time extension in the fall (start time is negotiable).
Mode of Internship
Internship work will be conducted in a hybrid or fully remote arrangement.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
Work will primarily focus on the areas of CHIA’s data release process under CHIA’s statute and regulations including:
- Meetings with CHIA Legal staff and may also include other CHIA staff, state agency representatives, and external parties.
- Legal research and drafting of legal memos
- Support data release application review and fulfillment
- Perform record keeping/document management routines related to data release and fulfillment.
- Distill critical information into meeting memoranda
- Facilitating inter-agency data release and data sharing arrangements
- Assisting with regulatory and other administrative matters
- Assist in preparation of reports and presentations on the results of such analyses
- Communicate results at team meetings and agency-wide meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in good standing at an accredited Law School program, preferably with emphasis or concentration in the areas of health care law and data privacy.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public policy, or quantitative field strongly preferred; current students or recent graduates of advanced degree programs a plus
- Demonstrated interest in health care and be ability to clearly communicate results to diverse audiences
- Relevant prior experience in health care or government, preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office, MS Excel, MS Teams, and Westlaw is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members
- Excellent attention to detail, and commitment to continuous learning
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaborative in teams
The expected hourly rate is $20-$27/hour, paid on a 37.5-hour work week.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post
Preference will be given to candidates who apply prior to April 7, 2023
Boston, Massachusetts, United States