Sunnova Energy is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the position of legal intern in Houston, Texas.
About Sunnova Energy
Sunnova Energy is an American residential and commercial solar energy company based in Houston, Texas.
About the Opportunity
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for a Legal Intern who will work directly with attorneys and paralegals in Sunnova Energy’s legal department. The Legal Intern will be exposed to a variety of legal disciplines and functions.
Mode of Internship
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the legal team and collaborates with other Sunnova Energy’s stakeholders to help define, create, and edit legal documents
- Perform legal research and analysis and prepares legal memoranda on various areas of law.
- May assist with preparation for trials, hearings, depositions, meetings, and negotiations
- Provide other assistance on various projects as needed
- Participant in the 2022-2023 1L Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Summer Clerkship and Mentoring Program (the “DE&I Program”) through the Houston Bar Association’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to thoughtfully exercise judgment to improve processes and advance the reporting outputs for the team.
- Ability to assess metric outcomes on a relative basis and create sound recommendations based on accurate data evaluation.
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn and adapt to change
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent judgment, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.