Steer is inviting applications from eligible candidates for its internship program in New York.
Steer is a global consultancy working across cities, infrastructure & transport, helping people, places & economies thrive.
About the Opportunity
Steer is inviting applications from eligible candidates currently pursuing JD in an accredited law school for its internship program in New York.
Mode of the Opportunity
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Legal Intern will be responsible for applying their skills, education, and knowledge to assist Steer in researching laws affecting its day-to-day business operations (including data privacy) and help us identify risk and take actions to reduce unnecessary risk through the drafting of policies, procedures and training materials where necessary.
- The person in this role will be exposed to the operations of a growing international professional services company and will be involved in various aspects of in-house legal work such as commercial contracts, corporate governance, and IP matters.
- Must be enrolled in law school and currently pursuing a JD (and be returning to school the semester following the internship).
- Interest in privacy and data protection is preferred.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
- Experience in Legal research and drafting.
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours/week and to work in person at our NYC office 2 days each week.
- Must have attention to detail but also possess the ability to see the “big picture”.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational and project management skills, as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office products and remote meeting software (e.g. Microsoft Teams, etc.).
The hourly rate for New York office applicants is $24 per hour USD.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.