Participant Media, LA is currently seeking applications for internships at their office.
About Participant Media
Founded in 2004 by Jeff Skoll, Participant’s content combines the power of a good story well told with real world impact and awareness around today’s most vital issues. Through its worldwide network of traditional and digital distribution, aligned with partnerships with key non-profit and NGO organizations,
About the Opportunity
The Business & Legal Affairs team is seeking a summer intern to support the overall vision, mission and mandates for the company. The summer intern will support the BA team as they service the narrative, documentary and campaigns and engagement groups by structuring deals in connection with the development, co-financing, production and distribution of Participant’s feature film and episodic projects and related social impact campaigns.
Mode of Internship
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- Review and summarize material deal terms of development agreements, including writer, director, producer, and rights agreements.
- Draft and revise agreements based on provided deal terms and attorney’s notes.
- Create and maintain development and production tracking databases.
- Review picture related marketing materials for clearance, talent, and credit issues.
- Receive delivery elements from producers and coordinate outgoing delivery to distributors.
- Assist attorneys with any special projects, including chain-of-title reviews and coordination with marketing on publicity and talent matters.
- Must be currently enrolled in law school.
- Some understanding of and interest in legal issues and language.
- Ability to prioritize and handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on tasks to successful completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
$15.50 – $15.50 an hour
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
- June 5, 2023 – August 25, 2023
- Full-Time / 40 hours a week
Los Angeles, California