Neighborhood Defender Service is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the internship opportunity in New York.
About Neighborhood Defender Service
Neighborhood Defender Service (NDS) is known nationally and internationally for its innovative, community-based, holistic public defense practice. Its dedicated staff is committed to providing unparalleled legal representation.
About the Opportunity
NDS is seeking a current law student who has at least one year of relevant legal education to join the Immigration Defense Team in the Fall of 2023 as a volunteer legal intern.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Involved in client intake.
- Legal research on questions of criminal/immigration law.
- Direct client representation in removal proceedings and affirmative applications.
- A demonstrated commitment to immigration defense and social justice issues, particularly at the intersection of the criminal and immigration systems.
- Interns must have completed at least one year of relevant legal education.
- Requires energy, enthusiasm, a commitment to excellence, and an unwavering commitment to clients.
- Foreign language fluency, especially Spanish.
- Relevant immigration legal coursework or clinic experience.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.