Summer Internships opportunities are available at the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV).
About the Organization
The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles is a state agency of Texas, headquartered in Austin. The agency handles vehicle registration and titling, authorizes operating authorities of motor carriers etc.
About the Opportunity
Summer Internships are available at the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV). Summer Internships are paid, full-time, temporary employment positions that begin no earlier than May 15, 2023, and end no later than August 31, 2023.
This Law Clerk Internship position will be in the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) and will assist the administrative law judges (ALJs) with Lemon Law and Warranty Performance proceedings. Responsibilities include drafting legal documents, performing legal research, and assisting the ALJs with other functions and operations of OAH. The law clerk may also attend/observe hearings.
Number of Vacancies
Roles and Responsibilities
- Researches and analyzes legal issues.
- Drafts, reviews, and edits legal documents, including orders, decisions, and memoranda.
- Assists the ALJs in hearings and conferences.
- Assists in planning, preparing, and coordinating hearings and conferences.
- Summarizes testimony and other evidence.
- Manages exhibits submitted into evidence.
- Researches legal statutes, codes, and judicial opinions.
- Monitors pending legislation.
- Interacts with office staff, parties, and the public through oral and written communications.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- The Summer Internship positions are available to students enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited college, university, vocational or technical school.
- The successful candidate must exhibit high standards of excellence and integrity, and always display, to all persons, a courteous, professional, and cooperative attitude.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled or have graduated within the past 12 months from an accredited law school.
$3,081 per month
How to Apply?
To apply for this position, complete an online application through the link given below.
April 13, 2023
Camp Hubbard Bldg 1 4000 Jackson Ave Bldg 1 Austin 78731-6007