Raymond James Financial is inviting applications from eligible candidates for its Part-Time Legal/Law Clerk Internship in the United States for Fall 2023.
About Raymond James Financial
Raymond James Financial, Inc. is an American multinational independent investment bank and financial services company providing financial services to individuals, corporations, and municipalities through its subsidiary companies that engage primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to investment banking and asset management.
Headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, Raymond James is one of the largest banking institutions in the United States.
About the Internship
Under general supervision, use skills gained through education, training, and or experience to assist with specific legal research projects within an assigned functional area of the legal department (functional areas span litigation/arbitration, regulatory, and transactional practices.)
Follows established legal department procedures and receives general guidance and direction to perform each research task with varied complexity. Some judgment is required to adapt procedures, processes, and techniques.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support in-house counsel and members of the legal department in conducting legal research.
- May conduct or update 50 state surveys.
- Perform legal research utilizing both written and electronic sources.
- Prepare legal memos.
- Gather and compile facts and relevant case information.
- Review legal agreements.
- Operate standard office equipment and use required software applications.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a professional office environment.
- Basic concepts, principles, and practices of an assigned business unit.
- Operating standard office equipment and using, or having the ability to learn, required software applications.
- Ability to learn and use legal software i.e. Westlaw, Bloomberg, etc.
- Operating standard office equipment.
- Strong research skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
- Primary Location: United States.
- Other Locations: St. Petersburg, Florida.