Postlethwaite & Netterville is inviting applications from eligible candidates for its internship in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
About Postlethwaite & Netterville
P&N (now EisnerAmper) is a top 20 accounting and advisory firm with a presence in major business markets across the United States and internationally. The firm was founded in 1949 and has since added more than 575 team members across the U.S. and nine offices in Louisiana, Texas, and Mississippi to the EisnerAmper brand.
About the Opportunity
Postlethwaite & Netterville is inviting applications from eligible candidates for its internship in Baton Rouge, Louisiana to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
This Legal Intern position is designed to provide individuals currently pursuing a Juris Doctorate with assignments that further their knowledge of the legal function within a corporation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, assist, prepare, complete, and self-review assigned tasks in an efficient manner within allotted time frames.
- Document procedures performed, findings, or other issues, draft/compile work papers, reports, and internal correspondence.
- Monitor workload and billable hours on a weekly basis.
- Comply with the professional and Firm requirements (e.g., employee handbook requirements, time entry procedures), quality control document requirements, and confidentiality requirements related to the client, proposal, personnel, and job-related information.
- Attend and actively engage in training sessions or meetings as required.
- Maintain a positive attitude and be receptive to feedback.
- If applicable, prepare for and take the eligible certification(s) at the available opportunity.
- Provide courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritize and address requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Assist co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Actively support teamwork throughout the organization.
- Perform other services as assigned.
- Working towards a Juris Doctorate or related field of study is required.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred, but not required.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, and ethical behavior, and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Must have a desire to learn and be flexible.
- Must have excellent communication skills in business and technical environments.
- Must have the capability to professionally and appropriately communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
- Must be technically proficient with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, and Word.
- Health & Wellness: Employee Assistance Program.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account.
- Pet Insurance.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana.