The 56th Circuit Court in Eaton County is seeking qualified Legal Interns/Research Clerks to work directly with the Honorable Janice K. Cunningham and the Honorable John D. Maurer, performing legal research for current Circuit Court cases.
About the Organizer
The Circuit Court is a trial court of general jurisdiction established by the Michigan Constitution of 1908. At one time the Circuit consisted of Eaton, Barry, and Calhoun Counties and later Barry and Eaton Counties.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This position requires an individual to review case files, perform legal research, draft memos and work closely with judges and judicial staff.
- The position may perform general clerk duties and respond to inquiries related to current cases.
- Legal interns may be responsible to act as bailiffs for Circuit Court jury trials.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the judge.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited law school within the State of Michigan.
- Must be enrolled within a third year of law school for eligibility.
- Additional qualifications may permit applicants to be considered for full-time employment.
Courthouse hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Scheduling is flexible based on intern availability and research responsibilities. Responsibilities will be assigned based on availability and remote work can be considered.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
The court location is 1045 Independence Boulevard, Charlotte, MI 48813.