Asylum Access is inviting applications from eligible candidates to intern at their office based in San Francisco.
About Asylum Access
Most of the world’s refugees spend decades or generations confined in camps, prohibited from working, or otherwise prevented from rebuilding their lives. Asylum Access was founded to change this.
We are an international nonprofit founded to make refugee rights a reality in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Our advocates help refugees access their fundamental rights to safety, employment, education, and protection.
Asylum Access believes all refugees deserve a fair chance at a new life. All over the world, we challenge barriers that keep refugees from living safely, moving freely, working and attending school – because when refugees can rebuild their lives, nations thrive.
Asylum Access is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, USA.
About the Opportunity
Applications are invited from eligible candidates to intern with Asylum Access at their office in San Francisco.
Six Months or more
Number of Possible Interns
Dependent upon the applicant pool.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Volunteer Legal Advocates provide on-the-ground legal counsel and representation for refugees in Africa, Asia and Latin America, and by advocating for refugee rights.
- We accept lawyers and highly-qualified law students who are able to commit to six or three months.
- Our volunteers receive intensive training in international refugee law and practice before the local offices of the United Nation High Commissioner for Refugees.
- Volunteers may also have the opportunity to engage in policy advocacy at a national or international level.
- We also have Policy, Communications, and Development internships at our San Francisco office.
- Education: 1st and 2nd year law students
- Language: None Required, Spanish (Dependent Upon Internship and Location)
- Application Materials (in addition to resume): Writing sample, references, cover letter
P.O. Box 14205, San Francisco, CA, USA – 94114.
In case of any queries, please contact Emily Arnold-Fernandez – (+1) 415.285.6002 or firstname.lastname@example.org