National Indemnity Company is inviting applications from eligible candidates for an internship in the role of Law Clerk on a part-time basis.
About National Indemnity Company
National Indemnity Company is an insurance company based in Omaha, Nebraska, United States, and founded in 1940 by Jack Dabney Ringwalt. It is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, which bought the company in 1967. It is Berkshire’s oldest operating subsidiary.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and “large company” benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, “small company” atmosphere.
About Berkshire Hathaway Group
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. is an American multinational conglomerate holding company headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, United States. Its main business and source of capital is insurance, from which it invests the float in a broad portfolio of subsidiaries, equity positions and other securities.
About the Role
National Indemnity Company is seeking a law clerk to join its growing team.
- Research and analysis.
- Drafting of memoranda and other legal documents.
- The candidate should possess excellent writing and analytical skills.
- The candidate must be a current law student who will have completed at least one year of law school by May 2023.
- The candidate must be in the Top 25% of his or her law school class.
- Candidates in the Top 10% and candidates with law review are preferred.
- A comprehensive benefits package is available for regular, full-time employees, including health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance as well as a 401(k) with company match.
- We also proudly offer 100% upfront tuition reimbursement to regular, full-time employees, to further their education.
- Our Omaha office boasts a complimentary state-of-the-art, on-site gym, a robust wellness program, low-cost downtown parking, and numerous volunteer and networking opportunities with other emerging professionals.