The Kerala Law Academy Law College is conducting its 2nd IMC International Mediation Competition 2023, scheduled to be held from March 10 to 12.
About Kerala Law Academy
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed Research Journal is published continuously since 1977. The College is affiliated with the University of Kerala.
About IMC 2023
2nd International Mediation Competition (IMC) organised by Kerala Law Academy Law College, Thiruvananthapuram is a step taken towards acting as facilitator in increasing the ADR Culture among aspiring lawyers.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2nd International Mediation Competition hosted by the Kerala Law Academy will be held via virtual mode on 10th March 2023 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The competition is conducted through the online platforms Zoom.
All the participating teams should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform at the scheduled dates and time. This is a mandatory requirement for participation.
The Competition is open to all Law Colleges / Law Schools and Faculties / Universities; Departments of Law in India recognized by the Bar Council of India. Students doing post-graduation in law and students undergoing correspondence courses are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Cross-Institute Teams shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition.
- Only one team from each participating institution shall be registered for the competition.
- Provisional registration – All the interested institutions are requested to provisionally register by sending us an email at – email@example.com, the subject of the email should be “Provisional registration – 2nd IMC 23 ”.
- After the confirmation of provisional registration or through direct registration, the participants must register on or before March 04, 2023, by submitting the duly filled Proforma provided on the Kerala Law Academy Website. Interested participants must pay online for the amount INR 1,750/- (for Indian Teams) or USD 30/- (for International teams) as a registration fee through the online link provided at the end of this post.
- The amount can also be sent through a Demand Draft for Rs 1750/- drawn in favor of “Kerala Law Academy Moot Court Society” payable at Thiruvananthapuram, to “The General Secretary, Kerala Law Academy Moot Court Society, Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram 695005” to reach on or before March 4, 2023.
- The Participants are required to register as a Team of 3 students viz, a Mediating Pair (Client and Counsel) and a Mediator.
- The Organizing Committee will communicate the acceptance of the provisional registration and e-mail the payment gateway link along with all other necessary details for the completion of registration formalities.
- On successful completion of the payment, The Organizing Committee shall send a confirmation of participation email after verifying the entire process.
Stages of the Competition
The competition will take place in three stages. At each stage, there will be 2 rounds for one pair of teams.
- Preliminary Rounds – Each Team shall be once the Responding Party and once the Requesting Party in each session.
- No Team shall compete against the same team more than once in the Preliminary Rounds.
- Semi-Finals – The 4 best teams from the preliminary stages will compete in pairs.
- Finals – The best two teams from the semi-finals will face each other.
- Winners: 20,000/- + Certificate of Merit
- Runner up: 10,000/- + Certificate of Merit
- Best Mediator: 5000/- + Certificate of Merit
- E- Certificate: An E-certificate of participation will be issued to teams’ competing in both rounds of the preliminary stage.
- Registration: On or before March 04, 2023, Saturday
- Allotment of Team Code: March 07, 2023, Tuesday
- Release of Office Memo: March 07, 2023, Tuesday
- Online Desk Registration: March 09, 2023, Thursday
- Inaugural Session: March 10, 2023, Friday
- Briefing Session: March 10, 2023, Friday
- Preliminary Round: March 11, 2023, Saturday
- Semi-Final Round: March 12, 2023, Sunday
- Final Round: March 12, 2023, Sunday
For any queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org