Hidayatullah National Law University in association with Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is organizing a two-day International Conference on International Trade in Marine Life and Fisheries.
About Hidayatullah National Law University
Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), named after one of the greatest legal luminaries of the country, Hon’ble Shri Justice Mohammad Hidayatullah, was established in 2003 by the Government of Chhattisgarh Hidayatullah National University of Law, Chhattisgarh, Act, (No. 10 of 2003).
HNLU is the first National Level Institute established in the new State of Chhattisgarh in the year 2003 and the sixth Law University in the country.
About Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
In the year 1968, with its basic objective of improving the ‘quality’ of life of the people of Canada and India by building and strengthening intellectual and cultural linkages through academic research, dialogue and exchange, Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute started as a bi-national organization promoting understanding between India and Canada.
About the Conference
There has never been a more critical time for oceans and marine life than now. The threats of overfishing, climate change, and pollution are expected to cause a cumulative loss of at least USD $428 billion to the global economy.
As a step to combat this issue, the United Nations came up with the Sustainable Development Goals (‘SDG’) under which SDG 14.6 specifically deals with the issue of sustainable fishing and ocean management. In a bid to fulfil the mandate of the SDGs by 2030 as aimed, international organizations and countries globally seem to work together.
Through this international conference, they aim to raise awareness and interest in international trade law, marine life, fisheries, the blue economy, climate change, and such seminal happenings.
The conference will feature panel discussions, expert talks, and paper presentations. We intend on inviting environmental lawyers, academicians, economic and industry experts, law/oceanology/business, etc. students, and research scholars to participate and present papers at the international conference.
Sub-Themes of the Conference
- Agreement on Fisheries – Future Discourse
- SDGs and Marine Life
- Developing countries, LDCs, and Fisheries
- Law and Oceanology
- Blue Economy and Ocean Governance
- Blue Finance, Policy, and SDGs
- Marine Biodiversity and Ecosystems
- Role of Mangroves in fisheries and their protection
- Climate Change and Oceanology
- Life below Water and Pollution
- Pandemic and its Effects on Marine Life
- A gender perspective on Marine Life
- Livelihood and fisheries
Note: These sub-themes are only suggestive and not exhaustive. Papers that are not covered under the above-mentioned sub-themes yet hold relevance in the thrust area may also be considered.
Call for Papers
Research papers/articles in English are invited from academicians, professionals, practitioners, researchers, students of law, social science and environmental science, and other stakeholders on the emerging issues and related areas on the broader sub-themes given above. The selected papers based on quality may be published in the form of an edited book with an ISBN.
- The detailed abstract of up to 500 words is accompanied by a brief profile of the author/s indicating his/her email ID, contact number, designation, and official address.
- The word limit for a full paper along with an abstract is 3000 – 7000 words (excluding footnotes) which are required to be submitted in MS Word format by the paper presenter latest by April 15, 2023. The same may be considered for publication in the form of an edited book with an ISBN.
- Font: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5, A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides. 4. Plagiarized papers shall be summarily rejected.
- For references and bibliography, the author(s) are required to follow the Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, 20th edition.
- For Academicians/Professionals and Research Scholars: INR 1000
- For Students: INR 800
- Bank Details:
- Account Holder’s Name: Registrar, Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
- Bank Name: IDBI Bank
- Account No.: 1188102000000806
- IFSC Code: IBKL0001188
- MICR Code: 492259503
- Branch Name: HNLU Campus Branch, Uparwara, Nava Raipur
- Account Type: Current A/C
- Deadline for the Submission of Detailed Abstract: March 19, 2023
- Intimation of Acceptance for Detailed Abstract: March 20, 2023
- Deadline for Registration & Fee Payment: March 21, 2023
- Date of Conference: March 25-26, 2023
For further queries and additional information, please contact:
- Dr Ankit Awasthi (Secretary) [7355235075 / 9919521188]
- Email id: email@example.com