Young ICCA and Young Canadian Arbitration Practitioners (YCAP) are inviting you to attend their in-person event in Vancouver on 1st June 2023 from 15:00 to 18:00 Pacific Time.
About International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)
ICCA is a worldwide non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting and developing arbitration, conciliation, and other forms of international dispute resolution.
About the Event
Young ICCA and Young Canadian Arbitration Practitioners (YCAP) are inviting you to attend their in-person event in Vancouver on Thursday 1 June 2023 from 15:00 to 18:00 Pacific Time.
The event is free of charge but registration is required. Participants shall be required to bear their own expenses to attend the Young ICCA-YCAP event (including all successful applicants for the Arbitration Shark Tank segment).
Arbitration of Energy and Climate Change Disputes.
About the Speakers
- Jessica Crow is an independent arbitrator with Arbitra International. She specializes in matters relating to the energy transition and the international climate change regime. In the field of climate law and governance, she advises corporates, investors, and States in relation to international and domestic climate policy, transition regulations, and litigation risk
Hon. Barry Leon
- Hon. Barry Leon, FCIArb, is an independent arbitrator and mediator with Arbitration Place, 33 Bedford Row, and Caribbean Arbitrators. He was the Presiding Judge of BVI’s Commercial Court, from 2015–2018. Barry is an IMI Certified Mediator and a past Chair of ICC Canada. He is a member of Campaign for Greener Arbitrations, North America, and the CanArbWeek Executive Committee, and is Co-Chair of the Canadian Arbitration Report and an Executive Editor of the Canadian Journal of Commercial Arbitration.
- Arvindran Manoosegaran is an Investment Manager in Omni Bridgeway’s Singapore office and is currently on secondment to our Toronto, Canada office in 2023. He is responsible for assessing and managing funded cases throughout Asia, including arbitration, litigation, and insolvency claims. His practice spanned international arbitration and litigation, advising and representing high-profile clients in private equity and other investment-related disputes, shareholder, partnership, and corporate disputes, and civil fraud.
- Date: June 1, 2023.
- Time: 15:00 – 18:00 (PDT).
- Mode: Offline.
- Venue: Blake, Cassels & Graydon, Vancouver.
Who Can Attend?
International professionals from a variety of fields, including external counsel, in-house counsel, arbitrators, consultants, expert witnesses, and academics.
How to Register?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
The event is free of charge but registration is required.