Google is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Incident Response Consultant, Mandiant, Google Cloud for its offices in the USA.
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company focusing on artificial intelligence, online advertising, search engine technology, cloud computing, computer software, quantum computing, e-commerce, and consumer electronics.
About the Job
In this role, you will understand existing and emerging threat actors, and identify rapidly changing tools, tactics, and procedures of attackers. You will understand evolving attacker behaviour and motivations, participate in and manage large client-facing projects, and train and mentor other security consultants.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defence, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of frontline experience, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats. Mandiant is now part of Google Cloud.
- Work through client-facing incident response engagements, and examine cloud, endpoint, and network-based sources of evidence.
- Collaborate with internal and customer teams to investigate and contain incidents.
- Recognize and codify attacker Tools, Tactics, and Procedures (TTPs) and Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) that can be applied to current and future investigations.
- Build scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance Mandiant’s incident investigation processes.
- Develop and present comprehensive and accurate reports, training, and presentations for technical and executive audiences.
$103,000-$151,000 + bonus + equity + benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience leading incident response investigations, analysis, and containment actions.
- 2 years of investigative experience with network forensics, malware triage analysis, and disk and memory forensics in one or more of the following: Windows, macOS, or Linux.
- Cloud incident response or forensic experience.
- Ability to communicate investigative findings and strategies to technical staff, executive leadership, legal counsel, and internal and external clients.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Virginia, USA; Alabama, USA; Florida, USA; Georgia, USA; North Carolina, USA; South Carolina, USA; Tennessee, USA.