American Express is providing the global risk and compliance summer opportunity to intern at their office in New York, United States of America.
They strive to live up to their values in all that they do. Amex backs their colleagues in work and life by prioritizing well-being, fostering an inclusive culture, and supporting and rewarding personal and professional growth every step of the way. By facing each day with a strong sense of purpose, their colleagues are growing, learning and leading the way together.
About the opportunity
American Express is inviting applications for the 2024 edition of the global risk and summer compliance internship opportunity. Here, the candidates will learn and grow as they help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support their interns personally and professionally.
How to apply?
The interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of the post.
- Currently enrolled in full-time bachelor’s degree program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025
- Location: New York City, NY/Phoenix, AZ/Salt Lake City, UT/Sunrise, FL
- Minimum 0-3 years experience in Compliance or related activities across financial services
- Demonstrated experience building, sustaining and leveraging relationships
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills and attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills
- Demonstrated willingness to take initiative and act decisively
- Ability to think strategically and influence teammates on multiple, cross-functional teams
- Positive, can-do attitude embracing Growth Mindset
- Project management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize, manage, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data to identify trends and themes
- Proven ability to translate highly technical and complex information into easily understandable terms
- Superior Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interest in compliance related activities or experience in financial services
- Competitive base salaries
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules with hybrid and virtual options with Amex Flex
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counselling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
The stipend available is $24.05 to $63.00 hourly + sign-on bonus
The last date to apply is September 30, 2023.