De La Rosa – Monroe Law Firm seeking a family attorney who can assist their clients.
About the Company
De La Rosa – Monroe Law Firm is a boutique family law firm offering representation in cases involving divorce, paternity, custody, child support, timesharing, and probate.
About the Opportunity
Jobseekers should be equally familiar with prenuptial agreements, divorce, alimony, child support, and real estate, and be able to effectively engage in oral debate and negotiation even in highly stressful and emotional situations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Advocate on behalf of clients by understanding their needs, effectively analyzing the situation and forming a strategy for a plan of action
- Keep client files properly organized and up to date
- Work closely with paralegals and senior partners to ensure swift action through the civil litigation process
- Attend court proceedings as needed to represent clients
- Divide marital assets, including real estate, when necessary during divorce proceedings
- Ability to log 35-40 hours per week (daily time entry expected)
- Report to the owner and research legal issues
- Attend hearings and take depositions
- Engage regularly in telephone conferences and meetings with clients and outside parties
- Experience at a legal firm working on family law and real estate issues (determining marital property) for at least 1-2 years is required
- Active member of the ABA (American Bar Association)
- Bachelor’s degree with a legal background and J.D. degree are required
- Prior work or studies in criminal justice preferred
- Candidates should be great negotiators and communicators, specifically in situations when emotions and stress are high
- Experience handling motion calendar, evidentiary hearings, and trial
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak compassionately to clients
- The ability to speak Spanish is a plus, but not required
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.