Sony, New York is expanding its legal team and inviting applications from law students for a Fall Legal Internship role.
Sony Group Corporation, commonly known as Sony and stylized as SONY, is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Kōnan, Minato, Tokyo, Japan.
About Fall Legal Internship, New York
Sony is expanding its legal team and inviting applications from law students for a Legal Internship role. The role will be hybrid [In person/remote] based on Intern’s class schedule.
Role and Responsibilities
- Intern will assist lawyers in transactional, litigation and corporate matters.
- SCA’s law student Intern program is designed to provide the Intern with hands-on training in a real-world environment of an in-house legal department.
- Assignments will vary and may include researching and drafting memos, reviewing agreements and other legal documents, preparing for and attending client meetings, negotiations, depositions, court appearances, etc.
Eligibility for Fall Legal Internship, New York
- The Intern should have related experience/background/course work/other indicia of interest in the fields of technology, media, entertainment, or similar industries
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Prior law firm/judicial internship or related internship experience is a plus
- Second/third-year law students are preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks until they are completed
- Experience in discreetly handling confidential information preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school
- If the applicant is seeking course credit, such applicant must be enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school internship/externship or clinical program
- Copy of law school transcript, along with a resume, cover letter and writing sample as part of the application materials
- Available to work starting September 2022 until the end of the semester
- The candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.