Cleo, Illinois, is hiring and inviting applications for a Fall Legal Extern from students enrolled in an accredited law school.
Cleo is the leading family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare system leaves off. They combine the expertise of our team of Guides and Specialists—parent and maternity coaches, doulas, lactation consultants, sleep experts, and more—with a powerful technology platform that helps every working parent succeed as they grow both their families and their careers.
Cleo is offered by over 100 leading employers, including global Fortune 500 leaders and industry innovators like Salesforce, PepsiCo, The Learning Care Group, and Pinterest. With $81M raised from top investors, including NEA, Greylock, and Transformation Capital, they’re expanding our offerings and our team to meet the growing demand of employers, parents, and the healthcare sector.
About Fall Legal Extern Opportunity
The legal department has a need for support with special projects that will help provide any aspiring in-house professional with insight and experience into what it takes to support a distributed, global health tech company. This role will report to their Product Counsel.
Role and Responsibilities
- Enable the Legal and Compliance team to be more productive, effective, and organized
- Review and audit existing agreements and templates in advance of changes in international and U.S. laws relating to data privacy and protection
- Conduct legal research on topics such as privacy (e.g., HIPAA, CCPA, CPRA, GDPR), intellectual property (e.g., trademarks, patents, open source), employment (e.g., wage & hour, ERISA), international law, public policy, corporate governance, and health tech (e.g., telehealth and health-related technologies matters)
- Review NDAs
- Create legal wikis and “how-to” presentations to be used internally
- An ability to think critically and come up with creative solutions
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Experience with legal research and writing
- An eagerness to learn new disciplines
- Experience with or completed coursework relating to contract drafting, privacy and cybersecurity, and intellectual property
- You must be currently enrolled in and in good standing at an accredited law school
- Cover Letter