Center for Investigative Reporting, San Francisco is inviting applications for a Fall 2022 Legal Internship from law students enrolled currently in a law school.
About The Center for Investigative Reporting
The Center for Investigative Reporting engages and empowers the public through investigative journalism and groundbreaking storytelling that sparks action improves lives and protects our democracy. Their public radio program and podcast reach millions of people a week across more than 500 stations nationwide, our video team produces documentaries with the likes of Netflix and cable television channels, and we team up with partners across the country to distribute our long-form stories in digital and print. We are regularly recognized for our excellence, creativity, and impact.
About Fall 2022 Legal Internship
Center for Investigative Reporting, San Franciso is inviting applications for a Legal Internship from law students enrolled currently in a law school.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include working directly with CIR’s General Counsel to assist with:
- Researching discrete issues for freedom-of-information and court-access cases,
- Drafting, reviewing, and editing appeal letters for public records requests,
- Providing feedback on amicus briefs,
- Researching intellectual property issues and assisting with relevant client letters, and
- Researching for a law review article involving First Amendment issues and the right of access.
Eligibility for Legal Internship
Be a current law student,
- Have an outstanding academic record with excellent research and writing skills,
- Have an exceptional ability to work with a diverse staff,
- Have demonstrated interest in media law and the First Amendment,
- Be exceptionally collegial, and
- Be able to multitask and work under deadline pressure.
- Unofficial transcript,
- Cover letter.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.