Wilson Elser’s New York City office is currently seeking eligible candidates for the role of Personal Injury Defense Attorney.
About Wilson Elser
Founded in 1978, Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm with more than 1,000 attorneys, across 40 offices in the United States and one in London.
About the Opportunity
Wilson Elser’s New York City office is currently seeking a Personal Injury Defense Attorney. This position entails being a part of a team oriented approach that consists of attorneys and paralegals in the coordinated evaluation and resolution of each matter addressed within a Legal Project Management approach.
This is an excellent opportunity for lawyers with litigation experience who are looking to grow in their careers and take on increased and substantive defense litigation based responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Claim investigation: client and non-party interaction with paralegal support to efficiently address what matters most
- Understanding the anatomy to independently evaluate medical causation and interact with the medical profession
- Conduct 50-h hearings
- Conducting and defending depositions
- Understanding and applying CPLR discovery rules, to oversee, evaluate and enforce external and internal party compliance
- Settlement negotiations and ADR Forums
- Regularly handle court appearances and conferences
- Spearhead claim resolution goals and execute resolution strategies
- JD from an accredited law school
- Admitted to practice in the state of New York
- 3+ years defending personal injury claims venued in NY Supreme Courts
- Experience with Labor Law 200, 240(1), and 241(6), premises liability claims
- Superior analytical skills
- Professional written work product, with the ability to concisely explain what matters most and why for clients, courts and litigant counsel
- Legal project management experience is helpful
The annualized salary range for this position is $115,000 to $160,000.
Perks and Benefits
- Excellent Benefits including a 401k match
- Professional development programs including in-house CLE and National Attorney Training
- Unlimited PTO plan
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Corporate Discount Plans
New York City
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply by sending your credentials to AttorneyRecruiting@wilsonelser.com and putting “NYC Personal Injury Defense Attorney ” in the subject line.