Wilson Elser’s New Orleans office is currently seeking an Associate to join the firm’s growing national Cyber Security & Data Privacy practice.
About Wilson Elser
Founded in 1978, Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm with more than 1000 attorneys, across 42 offices in the United States and one in London.
About the Opportunity
Wilson Elser’s New Orleans office is currently seeking an Associate to join the firm’s growing national Cyber Security & Data Privacy practice to handle data breaches and incident response.
This is an excellent opportunity for attorneys with several years of experience who are interested in the growing field where the law and technology intersect.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Incident response for cybersecurity and data privacy incidents
- Analysis of state, federal, and international privacy laws
- Drafting legal notices of a data breach to individuals and regulators
- Responding to regulatory investigations arising out of a data breach
- Defending privacy lawsuits
- Drafting privacy and security policies and procedures pursuant to HIPAA, GLBA, CCPA, and other statutes
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience
- Demonstrated interest or coursework in data privacy and security
- Knowledge of data breach and privacy laws (HIPAA, GLBA, FERPA, CCPA, GDPR, etc.)
- IT or technical background a plus
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
The salary range for this position is $115,000 to $160,000.
Perks and Benefits
- Excellent Benefits
- Professional development programs including in-house CLE and National Attorney Training
- Unlimited PTO plan
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Corporate Discount Plans
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by sending credentials to AttorneyRecruiting@wilsonelser.com and putting “Cyber Security Associate Attorney” in the subject line.
New Orleans, Louisiana.