Ruane Attorneys at Law are seeking an additional full-time Criminal Lawyer to join their team at its Shelton, Connecticut location.
About the Company
Ruane Attorneys at Law is a mid-sized law firm headquartered in Shelton, Connecticut with offices and attorneys throughout Connecticut. The firm handles all areas of criminal, civil rights, habeas corpus, motor vehicle, and juvenile law.
About the Opportunity
This position provides for both in-office and remote work in a hybrid model based on your professional sensibility and the needs of the clients. The position that the firm has advertised is for an attorney who would handle a criminal defense caseload in Fairfield and New Haven Counties for the firm.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Appear in court on behalf of clients and argue motions during legal proceedings
- Complete legal research and prepare motions, pleadings, and briefs
- Oversee paralegals, law clerks, and administrative staff
- Prepare various legal documents, such as motions, pleadings, briefs, and correspondence
- Take responsibility for administrative staff relating to client invoicing/billing records, setting up meetings with clients and completing tasks
- Advanced computer skills working with legal research programs (Westlaw and Lexis) required
- Successful completion of accredited law school with Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree with 2 years of related experience
- Must be able to handle heavy caseload with little supervision
- Public speaking, decision-making, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills are necessary for this role
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working in a law firm environment
- Must be an active Bar member, in good standing with no pending or prior disciplinary history.
- Applicants should be motivated self-starters, who are able to work independently and communicate effectively with clients and the team.
- Must have a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess a demonstrated history of excellence in their career, as well as a passion for serving criminal defense clients.
- Strong written, verbal, and public speaking communication skills.
- Comfortable in an all-Mac environment.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Good organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently but more importantly as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment, and discretion.
$100,000 – $125,000 yearly
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Shelton, Connecticut, USA