Amazon’s Kuiper Legal team is seeking an attorney with significant data and network security expertise to lead its ISP Network Security Compliance.
About Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon.com Services LLC provides e-commerce services. It is a subsidiary of Amazon.com Inc and functions as a company that helps third-party sellers store and ship products to customers. The Company retails books, diamond jewelry, electronics, appliances, apparels, and accessories.
About the Opportunity
Amazon’s Kuiper Legal team is seeking an attorney with significant data and network security expertise to lead its ISP Network Security Compliance. The Kuiper Legal team supports Project Kuiper, which is Amazon’s initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
As a stellar Senior Corporate Counsel, the candidate should have considerable experience counseling clients on data and network security matters. Experience advising broadband and telecommunications providers on these matters is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities
Working closely with the Kuiper team and across Amazon, this Senior Corporate Counsel will develop out-of-this-world strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways, as well as build processes that address risk and allow Kuiper the flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and active membership in one state bar
- 10+ years’ experience as a regulatory or compliance attorney
- 5+ years’ experience representing communications companies on network security matters
- A mix of law firm and in-house experience a plus
- Data privacy expertise is also a plus, particularly if it includes privacy frameworks for multiple countries.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excited and passionate about innovating on behalf of our customers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.
This position may be based in Arlington, VA (HQ2), Redmond, WA, or New York. Some travel, domestic and international, may be required.