Kent Corporation, Muscatine, Iowa is looking to hire a Corporate Attorney with 5+ years of experience.
About the Organization
Kent Corporation is a privately-held, holding company that owns a diversified group of food and beverage ingredient and product manufacturing businesses.
About the Position
Kent Corporation, Muscatine, Iowa is looking to hire a Corporate Attorney with 5+ years of experience in real estate, tax, and commercial transaction practice . The attorney collaborate with other members of the legal team, company executives, and senior managers to draft legal documents and review contracts to ensure they meet all applicable requirements. When necessary, the attorney will also coordinate with outside counsel.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the members of the legal department including the Vice President – General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel
- Serve as a business partner and legal resource to the various operating business units in the Kent Corporation family of companies
- Prepare, review, and negotiate company contracts, requests for proposals and other legal documents
- Consult with executive leadership, management, commercial advisors, accountants, and marketing staff as needed for day-to-day business activities
- Collaborate with business units and various departments and facilitate compliance with federal and state regulations
- Serve as a key member of M&A diligence and transaction teams
- Serve as internal litigation counsel for enterprise litigation, including discovery requests, drafting pleadings, researching applicable law, and managing outside counsel
- Remain abreast of proposed legislation and regulatory changes across all states
- Advise and serve as a point of contact for internal clients on employment matters
- Collaborate with internal clients to review and develop enterprise policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance, or regulatory matters
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Active law license. A member of the Iowa bar in good standing.
- 5+ years as a practicing attorney with a law firm or corporate legal department with material experience in corporate, contractual, and transactional matters
- Specific practice experience with real estate, tax, and complex commercial contracts
- Previous work in the agricultural or food and beverage manufacturing industry a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and research skills
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.