LPE@HLS and the LPE Project are pleased to announce the upcoming conference, Law and Political Economy: Labor, Social Control, and Counterpower all scheduled to take place between March 31- April 3, 2023.
About the Conference
LPE@HLS and the LPE Project announce the upcoming conference, Law and Political Economy: Labor, Social Control, and Counterpower. The conference will take place from March 31 to April 2, 2023 at Harvard Law School in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It will be available for people interested in attending the event in person as well as watching it via livestream.
About the Organizers
The Conference is being arranged by LPE at Harvard Law School and the LPE Project. The Program on Law and Political Economy at Harvard Law School is part of broader efforts to develop a discipline of law and political economy. Funded by the Hewlett Foundation, LPE@HLS is designed to foster a vibrant intellectual community of students and faculty, and to train students and entry-level academics to think about political economy as an integral part of law.
Themes of the Conference
This year’s conference focuses on two critical areas of LPE scholarship and practice:
- Law, Labor, and Class Power, which encompasses work on labor and employment, as well as examining law, class, and its interactions with race, gender, and other dimensions of subordination; and
- The Political Economy of Social Control, which engages questions related to carcerality, social welfare, and the imposition of social order and subordination in capitalist societies.
The conference is free to attend, but registration is required for in-person attendance.
To register for an in-person seat, please fill out and submit this registration form. Registration will be ongoing until Monday, March 27, or till the conference reaches full capacity.
The sessions will be recorded and uploaded online after the conference. The livestream links will also be made available here on March 31, 2023.
- Last Date of Registration: March 27, 2023
- Livestream links to be made available: March 31, 2023
- Dates of the Conference: March 31- April 3, 2023
For inquiries related to the 2023 LPE Conference, including requests for disability accommodations, please contact Sanjay Jolly (firstname.lastname@example.org).