Google’s California office is looking for eligible candidates for the position of Corporate Counsel.
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company focusing on artificial intelligence, online advertising, search engine technology, cloud computing, computer software, quantum computing, e-commerce, and consumer electronics.
About the Opportunity
Google is seeking eligible candidates for the position of Corporate Counsel to work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. The counsel will be part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers.
As an integrated part of the team, the Counsel will proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, such as licenses and intellectual property agreements, revenue share agreements, app distribution agreements, co-marketing agreements, and other commercial transactional agreements.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Business Development, Product, Marketing and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Advise company colleagues on the legal issues and risks, complex deal structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP and negotiation strategy.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- JD, equivalent degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience with attorney-level in a law firm/in-house legal department.
- Experience advising clients in structuring commercial transactions and commercial agreements.
- Admitted to the bar in position location and in good standing to practice law.
- Experience drafting services agreements, distribution agreements, licenses, and intellectual property agreements.
- Experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions.
- Experience in multiple aspects of OS, online platforms, and e-commerce.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
The annual salary for this position is $217k-$318k.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.
San Francisco, California.