The University of Liverpool School of Law and Social Justice along with Selden’s Sister is inviting abstracts for their Symposium.
About Liverpool School of Law
Liverpool Law School is one of the oldest law departments in the UK. They are committed to contributing, through the excellence of our research and policy work, to a critical exploration of the role of law in promoting, or inhibiting, social justice.
About the Event
Selden’s Sister is inviting abstracts for the Symposium ‘Celebrating Women in Legal History: The Lives and Legacies of Early Women Legal Historians’.
This one-day hybrid symposium aims to celebrate the contributions of women to early legal historical scholarship, commemorate the achievements of under-appreciated figures in legal history, and assess their contributions in light of present understandings of the discipline.
They particularly encourage papers that engage with the work of nineteenth and twentieth-century researchers.
Abstracts are welcomed by scholars of all genders, disciplines, and career stages.
Papers might consider (but are not restricted to):
- The work of particular women, or groups of women, whose research significantly impacted legal, constitutional, or administrative history.
- Current research projects make extensive use of the work of one or multiple early women legal historians.
- Biographical accounts of women who undertook legal historical research in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
- Historiographical accounts of areas of legal history have been significantly developed by women scholars.
- Accounts of other contributions made by women to early legal historical scholarship, for example as patrons, librarians, editors, or typists.
- Fictional or artistic accounts of women in legal history
Kindly submit an abstract of not more than 300 words to firstname.lastname@example.org. Delegates will be able to present their papers in person or online. Please note that there is a limited amount of funding for travel within the UK and accommodation expenses, priority for which will be given to postgraduate and early-career scholars
April 21, 2023.
In case of any query, kindly drop a mail at email@example.com