TMV’s Lokmanya Tilak Law College is inviting submissions by the way of a call for papers for its one-day international conference on “Paving way for Sports Legislation in India” on March 25.
About the Organiser
TMV’s Lokmanya Tilak Law College was established in 2012 and approved by the Bar Council of India. In its pursuit of excellence our institution aims at not only professionalism but also ethical values and social responsibility and hence the curriculum is designed to transcend the boundaries of academics to be relevant to the changing corporate and social requirements.
About the Conference
Sports hold a special place in the hearts of people. The majority of us participated in sports in school or college when we were children, and some people even made it their profession. Sports participation maintains a both physically and mental health and some people have a strong enthusiasm for a particular sport, which drives them to excel in it. Most people view sports as a form of enjoyment, to keep themselves motivated in all spheres of life.
Today, Sports have attained the status akin to an industry, which is quite competitive and has a wide reach. The money made from this industry makes up 3% of global trade and is becoming more significant in both the social and political realms. By enacting appropriate legislation that protects the interests of the sports businesses and also helps to restore balance, such complex issues could be resolved.
New regulations should be developed to implement and establish thorough sports legislation in India. The industry has experienced certain scandals and bad management in the last decade. Sports Law emerged as a new field both internationally and domestically to control these challenges. Though regulations regarding anti-discrimination, anti-doping, sports federations, taxes, and medical norms exist, a comprehensive dispute resolution mechanism is the need of the hour.
Call for Papers
Research papers from Academicians, Research Scholars, students, Professionals, NGOs and Human Rights Activists are invited to the conference theme or any other sub-theme on the Major Thrust Areas. Selected papers by the Editorial Board will be published in a journal with ISSN registration.
- Gender Discrimination and Sports
- Sports and Intellectual Property Rights
- Dispute Settlement in Sports
- Anti-Doping Policy and Medico-Legal issues in Sports
- Impact of Sports on Society and Culture
- Legal/Ethical Parameters in respect of Betting in Sports
- The full research paper should reach by mail Id firstname.lastname@example.org along with the soft copy of the registration fees paid and a screenshot /soft copy of the fee paid.
- The paper must include a clear mention of the research methodology adopted, major findings, results, implications and key references.
- Authors should adhere to the following particulars :
- Length 2000-3000 words, five keywords
- Font Times New Roman, 12 point
- Spacing 1.5
- Abstract with 150-250 words
- Title Page Title Author(s), Affiliation and other details.
- Format: APA format of citation.
Who is it for?
For Students, academicians, Research Scholars, non-academicians, and corporate delegates.
How to Register?
Register through the link given at the end of the post.
- For Conference:
- For Students: Rs.100/-
- For academicians/ Research Scholars: Rs. 250/-
- For non-academicians/corporate delegates: Rs.500/-
- For Conference with Paper Publication:
- For Students: Rs.500/-
- For academicians/ Research Scholars: Rs. 1000/-
- For non-academicians/corporate delegates: Rs.1500/-
March 20, 2023 [Extended Deadline]
TMV’s Lokmanya Tilak Law College Campus, Pune, Maharashtra.
Asst.Prof. Rucha Shinde 8087597915
Asst.Prof.Ashwini Biradar 8888844450
1. Chaitanya Yadav- 8275858999
2. Latika Palav- 9309787150
3. Isha Pachpute- 9405603838
4. Swayam Jambhulkar- 7758993020