The International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice (IJCLP) is calling for papers for a a blind-peer reviewed, open-access journal published annually by NLSIU.
About National Law School of India University
(NLSIU) is an institution of legal education focusing on undergraduate and graduate legal and policy education in India. The University’s Chancellor is the Chief Justice of India, and the Chairman of the Bar Council of India is the Chairman of the General Council. NLSIU, since 2018 has consistently maintained the top rank in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranks higher educational institutions across India.
In Indian history, for first time the Consumer Law and Practice Chair (CLAP Chair) has been established in August 2008, at the National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU) by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi, to promote research, teaching and training in Consumer Law and Practice. From the date of establishment of this CLP chair, Prof.(Dr.) Ashok Patil is heading and administering this Chair and is the Chief Editor of this Journal.
About the Call for Papers
The International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice (IJCLP) (ISSN 2347-2731) is an Open-Access, Blind-Peer-reviewed, Law journal published annually by NLSIU under the aegis of the Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, NLSIU (CLAP) since 2013. Recently, the Journal has been indexed on SCOPUS, HeinOnline, SCC OnLine, & UGC CARE List.
Themes and Sub-themes
- Online discrimination in the collaborative economy;
- Consumer Protection in Financial Sector;
- Transparency in consumer credit contracts;
- Trading data in the digital economy;
- Consent on social media and e-commerce platforms;
- Consumer behaviour: goods and services, business and marketing practices, retailing
- Consumer ecosystem and its interactions with consumers laws: globalization, sustainability, technology, ethical consumption, gender issues, citizenship;
- Consumer Protection with respect to Sale of Goods and services through social media platforms;
- Consumer Protection from Fake Reviews on E-Commerce Portals;
- Consumer Protection & Fall-Back Liability;
- Imposing service charges on Consumer for the services rendered at Hotels and Restaurants;
- Recognition of Right to Repair as a Consumer Right;
- Assessment of Consumer Protection in India in par with International Best Practices:
- Sustainable Consumerism;
- Settlement of Cross Border Consumer Disputes; and
- Dark patterns and Consumer Protection.
- The themes listed above are merely indicative and not exhaustive. The Journal highly appreciates submission on any contemporary issues in the field of Consumer Protection and its legal interactions.
1. Articles including abstract (6,000-8,000 words inclusive of footnotes).
2. Case Comment, Legislative Briefs (2,500-3,000 words inclusive of footnotes).
3. Book Review (2,000 words inclusive of footnotes).
Note: The authors intending for Book Review shall submit a hard or soft copy of the book along with the consent letter from the Publisher or Author of the Book at the address of the Journal.
The format to be followed is –
- The submission shall not contain the name of the author or institutional affiliation or any other identification mark. Submission shall be sent in .doc or .docx format only.
- The body of the submission should be in Times New Roman, with Font Size 12 and Line Spacing of 1.5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 with Single Line Spacing.
- The Heading and subheading of the paper should be in following format:
- TITLE [Times New Roman, 16 Points, Bold, All Caps, Centre Align]
- Name of Author(s) [Times New Roman, 14 Points, Italics, Centre Align, separated by &]
- Abstract Text [Times New Roman, 11 Points, Italics, Justify]
- INTRODUCTION (HEADING LEVEL 1) [Times New Roman, 13 Points, All Caps, Centre Align]
- A. HEADING LEVEL 2 [Times New Roman, 12 Points, All Caps, Italics, Left Align]
- Heading level 3 [Times New Roman, 12 Points, Left Align]
- Text [Times New Roman, 12 Points, Justify, 1.5″
- Spacing, 1″ indent on the first line of every paragraph]
- Quotes [Times New Roman, 12 Points, Justify, 1″ Spacing, 0.5″ indents on both sides]
- Footnotes [Times New Roman, 10 Points, Justify, 1″ Spacing]
- All citations should be placed in footnotes (and not endnotes) and shall conform to the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (4th edn, 2012).
How to Submit?
Only electronic submissions are accepted. Kindly submit your submission on the Submission Form in the official website added at the end of this post along with the covering letter, and resume on or before 30th March 2023 for it to be considered for volume XI.
Deadline for submission is March 30, 2023
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com for any queries