Georgetown University Law Center is inviting submissions from eligible candidates for Georgetown Law Journal.
About Georgetown University Law Center
The Georgetown University Law Center is the law school of Georgetown University, a private research university in Washington, D.C.
About Georgetown Law Journal
The Georgetown Law Journal is a student-edited scholarly journal published at Georgetown University Law Center. It is the flagship law review of the Georgetown University Law Center.
About Call for Papers
Articles and essays concerning all areas of the law are published in our six annual issues and our Annual Review of Criminal Procedure.
The Georgetown Law Journal is also committed to encouraging and developing students’ scholarly writing. To this end, the Journal typically publishes several select student notes in each issue.
- Articles: We strongly encourage authors to submit articles that are shorter than 30,000 words in length, including text and footnotes. Authors are encouraged to provide a word count that includes text and footnotes to facilitate faster review of their manuscripts.
- Notes: The submission should generally be at least 6,000 words
- The submission should be anonymous; the author’s name and other identifying information should be removed from the document. Please use 1″ margins and double space the document (except for block quotes or other special formatting)
How to submit?
- The Journal strongly prefers that authors submit articles through Scholastica. As a reminder, the Journal is listed as The Georgetown Law Journal under the “T’s” in Scholastica.
- Alternatively, authors without Scholastica accounts may submit their articles as a Microsoft Word attachment to email@example.com. Authors are asked to provide an abstract and CV with their submissions.
Requests for Expedited Review
Requests for expedited review should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Expedited Review Request” and the article title as the subject line of the email, and include the following information in the body of the email: the author’s name, the article’s title, a contact phone number, the journal making the offer, and the deadline for the expedited review to be completed.
Because of the large number of expedited review requests we receive and the limited time frame that we have to complete the review, we are not always able personally to respond to each request. Nonetheless, we will make every effort to review each expedite within the time constraints.
- Volume 112, Issue 1 — February 14, 2023 by 11:59pm EST
- Volume 112, Issue 2 — March 10, 2023 by 11:59pm EST
- Volume 112, Issue 3 — May 13, 2023 by 11:59pm EST
- Volume 112, Issue 4 — July 3, 2023 by 11:59pm EST
- Volume 112, Issue 5 — August 17, 2023 by 11:59pm EST
- Volume 112, Issue 6 — October 2, 2023 by 11:59pm EST