The Dennis J. Block Center for the Study of International Business Law will sponsor a Scholars’ Roundtable on November 16-17, 2018 at Brooklyn Law School.
Scholars writing in a diverse range of fields related to international business, economic, and financial law are invited to submit proposals to present works in progress for an intense day of discussion with other scholars in the field. Participants will be expected to read all papers in advance of the Roundtable and offer commentary on each of the presentations.
Possible topics include:
- Conflicts of laws / private international law
- Corporate law, securities, and international banking
- Dispute resolution and arbitration
- International business transactions
- International economic law (e.g. trade and investment)
- International intellectual property
- International taxation
- Law and development
- “Mega-regional” economic integration agreements
- Regulation of corrupt business practices
Applicants should submit a 2-5 – page proposal, abstract, or summary of the paper. All papers presented must be unpublished at the time of the Roundtable. Papers that have been accepted for publication but are not yet in print are welcome.