The British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) is calling for papers from eligible candidates for its Workshop on Non-State Actors in International Law on 20th November 2023.
The British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) is one of the leading independent research centers for international and comparative law in the world.
Its high quality research projects, seminars, and publications encompass almost all areas of public and private international law, comparative law, and European law, and we are at the forefront of discussions on the many contemporary issues of international and comparative law.
About the Opportunity
The British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) is calling for papers from eligible candidates for its Workshop 2023 on Non-State Actors in International Law.
Non-State Actors in International Law.
- The role of NGOs in the making, implementation, and enforcement of international law.
- Business, particularly multinational corporations, is an increasingly important actor on the international scene.
- The influence of particular individuals on the development and implementation of international law.
- The ‘media’ and its engagement with, and influence on, international law.
- The responsibilities of non-State armed groups and revolutionary organizations for violations of international law.
- Abstracts should not be more than 300 words.
- The abstracts should be clearly connected to the workshop themes and provide the title of the proposed paper as well as the ideas, arguments or analyses to be presented.
How to Submit?
Abstracts must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission Deadline: 31st May 2023, 1700hrs BST.
- Date of the Conference: 20th November 2023.