Submissions are invited for the conference on “Law and Development Post the Pandemic” co-hosted by The Law and Development Institute and the Centre for Asian Legal Studies, National University of Singapore.
About Law and Development Institute (LDI)
The Law and Development Institute (LDI) is a non-profit, academic network with an objective of promoting law and development studies and projects.
About Centre for Asian Legal Studies (CALS) , NUS
The Centre for Asian Legal Studies (CALS) was established in 2012 as part of NUS Law’s strategic positioning as Asia’s Global Law School. It is the first of its kind to be established in Asia.
About the Conference
COVID-19, the unprecedented pandemic since the end of World War II, has caused a worldwide economic crisis. All countries have been affected by this pandemic, but developing countries with vulnerable economies have been hit particularly hard, calling for legal and institutional remedies for economic recovery. The pandemic has also acerbated the existing socioeconomic problems in many countries, including racial economic inequality and educational disparities in society. The conference addresses law and development issues relevant to the circumstances of the pandemic
Themes and Sub-themes
- Legal Remedies for the Pandemic-Caused Economic Disruptions
- The Pandemic, Racial Discrimination, and the Law
- The Pandemic and Least-Developed Countries: Legal and Institutional Approaches
- Technological Innovations at the time of the Pandemic and the Law
- The Pandemic-induced Social Changes and the Law
- Education, the Pandemic, and the Law
All interested speakers are required to submit one-page paper abstracts by May 1, 2023. (Please indicate the relevant sub-topic in your submission.) The organizers expect abstracts, papers, and presentations in English language.
How to Submit?
Submit your abstract to Law and Development Institute (Professor Y.S. Lee) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 01, 2023
- Abstract Submission: May 1, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance: June 1, 2023
- Final Selection of Speakers: June 15, 2023
- Full Papers Due: November 1, 2023
Please drop your conference inquiries at email@example.com.