University of Southampton is inviting submissions for it’s workshop on the theme of ‘Pregnancy and the Law’ bringing together academics and others working in the field.
About the University of Southampton
The University of Southampton is a public research university in Southampton, England. Southampton is a founding member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities in the United Kingdom and is ranked in the top 100 universities in the world. The university has seven campuses.
Stefan Cross Centre for Women, Equality, and Law was founded in 2018 to understand the issues associated with gender discrimination, raise awareness, and find effective ways to address them.
About the Call for Papers
A workshop on the theme of ‘Pregnancy and the Law’ by the University of Southampton along with Stefan Cross Centre for Women, Equality and Laws is bringing together academics and others working in this field to discuss pregnancy and women’s rights from the perspectives of equality law, medical law, and human rights.
Themes and Sub-themes
Speakers can address the theme of the workshop from any discipline or perspective including:
- Discrimination and equality in employment: how do we make existing rights effective?
- Work life balance rights and pregnancy
- Providing dignity and appropriate care during pregnancy and childbirth
- Medical law and issues of consent
- Abortion rights and reproductive autonomy
- New developments in reproductive technology: ethical or human rights perspectives
- Please submit a title and abstract of no more than 300 words to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 June 2023, stating the event date and title in the subject.
- This will be a hybrid event, taking place online and at the University of Southampton. When submitting your abstract, please indicate whether you will be attending in person or online.
June 01, 2023
September 13, 2023
In case of any queries, please email at email@example.com