Blitt & Gaines Law Office is currently seeking candidates for the post of associate attorney in their office.
About the Company
BG is a debt collection law firm that has been in business over 30 years. They have over 300 employees, which includes 43 attorneys, and 9 offices in the following states: Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, and Wisconsin. They represent some of the nations’ largest financial institutions as clients.
About the Opportunity
The Associate Attorney position will gain a great deal of courtroom experience by regularly appearing for BG in court. Further, this position is responsible for the review of new claims and pleadings in addition to managing a contested litigation queue. Each Associate will gain substantial knowledge of all court procedures, the litigation process; internal controls and client and firm policies and procedures .
Roles and Responsibilities
- Appear in court for the firm generally a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Review new claims placed with the firm to ensure compliance.
- Review of and signing off on all pleadings printed for filing with the Courts such as Complaints and Motions.
- Drafting of various motions and responses to contested matters
- Argue motions that are contested before the court as well as conduct trials and arbitrations.
- Management of both telephonic and written contact with opposing counsel.
- Prepare and respond to discovery, handle depositions, and or oversee counterclaims in which BG or client are named
- Juris Doctorate and admittance to Missouri Bar. (Additional licenses in BG states is preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Collection Master or equivalent case file management system experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff, judges, opposing counsel, and circuit court clerks.
- Ability to use tact, discretion and courtesy when dealing with court officials, opposing counsel, step up attorneys and in-house attorneys.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Must be able to maintain time lines, meet deadlines, keep accurate records and be detail oriented.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
St Louis, Missouri, United States