Millennial Specialty Insurance, LLC (“MSI”), Texas is seeking a lawyer with at least 5 years of insurance-related, in-house corporate experience.
About the Organization
Millennial Specialty Insurance (MSI) is a FinTech insurance company dedicated to creating and scaling quality insurance products.
About the Position
Millennial Specialty Insurance, LLC (“MSI”) is seeking a lawyer with at least 5 years of insurance-related, in-house corporate experience. The lawyer will work closely with others on legal, compliance and business leadership teams on a broad range of transactions and legal initiatives, including general contractual, regulatory, and compliance matters.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide general contractual, regulatory, and compliance support for commercial and personal lines of insurance for both admitted and non-admitted products.
- Provide legal support and assess risks in connection with company strategic initiatives, including but not limited to, the development of new admitted and non-admitted insurance products.
- Provide product legal support including, but not limited to, reviewing and revising policy forms, endorsements, disclosures and notices to adhere to state statutes and regulations as well as provide legal and regulatory advice with respect to any product related inquiries or department objections to product filings.
- Advise leadership and management as to laws and regulations applicable to the various business segments. Stay current on proposed and/or enacted legislation as well as regulatory bulletins and notices to help ensure business segments remain compliant with any statutory and regulatory changes applicable to their product lines.
- Draft, review, interpret, and negotiate a variety of contracts related to different MSI business segments and operations, including but not limited to, confidentiality agreements, program administrator agreements, producer agreements, vendor agreements, third-party claims administration agreements, insurance carrier appointments, and other insurance-related documents and agreements.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of MSI contract templates and forms.
- Provide legal support in connection with regulatory and compliance matters that may arise, including but not limited to, responding to DOI and BBB consumer complaints, and assisting in the preparation and review of responses, materials and information to be produced in connection with internal or external audits, program reviews, data calls, or examinations.
- Advise business teams regarding general corporate governance matters, including compliance with company policies, standards, and procedures.
- Juris Doctorate degree and licensed to practice law.
- 5+ years of experience at a leading national law firm and/or public company in-house department with insurance-related experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to develop shared objectives while influencing and persuading a broad range of individuals.
- Must be able to make sound judgment calls to give leadership and the partnership team leverage to ensure the best path to success.
- Exceptional problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills and demonstrated attention to detail that reflects well on the firm.
- Demonstrates the organization’s core values, exuding behavior that is aligned with the firm’s culture.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight/escalation, and to transition to team dynamics seamlessly.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.