IBA is organizing a webinar on ‘The Laws of Sports: fast and Furious or Stable and Reliable?’ on 13-14 September 2023, in Doha, Qatar.
About the IBA
The International Bar Association (IBA), founded in 1947, is a bar association of international legal practitioners, bar associations, and law societies. The IBA currently has a membership of more than 80,000 individual lawyers and 190 bar associations and law societies.
About the Conference
IBA is organizing a webinar on ‘The Laws of Sports: fast and Furious or Stable and Reliable?’ on 13th September 2023 in Doha, Qatar.
The Laws of Sports: Fast and Furious or Stable and Reliable?
- Sports economics and dynamics: too fast, too big?
- Sports governing bodies: old framework and arising issues.
- Dispute resolution mechanisms for sports conflicts: what’s the best fit?
- International sports, ethics, and diplomacy.
About the Speakers
Jalal El Ahdab
- Jalal El Ahdab works at Bird & Bird, Paris, and is a member of the IBA Mediation Committee Advisory Board and a member of the IBA Arab Regional Forum Advisory Board.
Ghada Darwish Karbon
- Dr Ghada Darwish works at Karbon Law Firm, Doha, and is the Vice-Chair of the IBA Arab Regional Forum.
Date and Venue
- Date: 13-14 September 2023.
- Venue: The St Regis Marsa Arabia Island, Doha, Qatar.
How to Register?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post and make payment by credit card to avail of the ten per cent online registration discount or complete the attached registration form and return it to the Conference Department at the IBA together with your proof of bank transfer payment.
- Early bird registration (Until 4th August).
- IBA member: $575.
- Non-member: $745.
- Young lawyers (under 30 years): $430.
- Academics/judges (full-time): $430.
- Public lawyers: $430.
- Corporate counsel: $520.
- After the Early bird registration (Until 6th September).
- IBA member: $690.
- Non-member: $860.
- Young lawyers (under 30 years): $860.
- Academics/judges (full-time): $860.
- Public lawyers: $860.
- Corporate counsel: $860.
6th September 2023.
If any further queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org